Partners Research Compliance Office
CITI RCR Modules
Instructions for Enrolling/Completing the Online CITI Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) for Biomedical Investigators Course
- Go to https://www.citiprogram.org click the Register Here link next to New Users.
- On the next screen scroll down to the Participating Institutions pull down menu and select your institution, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Massachusetts General Hospital, McLean Hospital or Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital. Ignore/skip the Veterans Affairs, Department of Energy, etc. questions/pull down menus.
- Enter your Partners user name (preferable). If you do not have one, you may create your own.
- Create a password using 8 to 12 letters and numbers. This password should be different from your Partners password.
- Enter your first and last name and a primary and secondary email address. The primary email should be the address you will use to communicate with Partners or your hospital about RCR.
- Check “No” for CME/CEU credits, answer the course survey question, and hit the Submit button.
- This will bring you to a screen requesting additional registration information your hospital may require. Insert the requested information and hit the Submit button.
- This will bring you to a screen that lists the various CITI courses. Scroll down to #5, Responsible Conduct of Research, and select RESPONSIBLE CONDUCT OF RESEARCH FOR BIOMEDICAL INVESTIGATORS Course.
- This will bring you to the RCR main menu. Click Enter under status. You are now ready to start the modules. Follow the directions for each module to complete. You may stop and start the course as you wish.
- To resume, login with your CITI username and password. If you have forgotten your login information, click the Forgot login Information button and it will be sent to you. Click the Re-enter link under My Courses.
- When you have completed all of the eight (8) required modules successfully, you will be able to print a copy of your completion report. Please retain a copy of the certificate for your records. You may be asked to provide a copy to your hospital or sponsor.